My multimedia PC is a gaming PC made by Asus with a GTX 970 and a Ryzen 7 1700. The system is built for gaming and streaming, so it’s more than capable of handling high quality video output. I bought a USB to HDMI adapter in the hopes that it would allow me to output on my TV at 1080p resolution. However, when I tried to connect the adapter to my PC, I discovered that it was not working.
I have just recently installed Windows 10 on my computer. In order to get all my old USB devices working properly, I had to purchase an HDMI adapter. The adapter has been working great. When I was trying to stream video on my laptop, I was getting an error message that my adapter was not working. I started doing some research and found that Windows 10 is not recognizing my USB adapter.
In a market where portable gaming is as popular as ever, it’s important to make sure that you have the best possible gaming experience. As you might imagine, when you are traveling to increasingly popular destinations such as larger cities or summer camps, you want to make sure that you have access to a reliable gaming rig.
Matthew Adams. Windows and software expert Matthew is a freelancer and has written numerous articles on various technology-related topics. His main specialization is the Windows operating system and everything related to it. He’s passionate about… Read more
- If your USB-C to HDMI adapter is not working, the problem may be related to a specific driver.
- Therefore, we recommend to update the USB-HDMI driver with a special program.
- Recently installed Windows 10 updates can also cause issues with cables and ports.
- Of course, the problem could also be with the hardware, i.e. the adapter itself.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems: This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which contains a patented technology (patent available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
USB-HDMI adapters allow users to connect desktop or laptop computers to additional display devices via HDMI, even if the device does not have an HDMI port. However, USB-HDMI adapters do not always work for some Windows 10 users. Some people have even posted on the Microsoft forum that their USB-HDMI adapter didn’t work. I am using an HP-21 Pavilion all-in-one desktop computer. There is no VGA or HDMI port on my device. On this computer (Windows 10), I used the Display Link USB-HDMI display adapter to connect a projector and a second monitor. It worked very well. But after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, this no longer works. I tried the latest display link drivers. When I plug the USB adapter into the USB port, the built-in screen goes black.
How do I troubleshoot my USB to HDMI adapter?
1. HDMI USB driver update
- Press the Windows key + S and type Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand Other devices.
- Right-click on the USB device and select Update Driver.
A problem with the USB-HDMI adapter may be due to an incorrectly installed or incompatible driver. Updating the driver of the USB-HDMI adapter may solve the problem. Automatic driver update The latest version of the USB-HDMI driver can be downloaded from the company’s website. With a little research, you can find the right driver. However, the best way to update your drivers is to use a specialized third-party utility that will automatically scan your hardware for the latest version and download it. Some of the most common Windows errors and crashes result from old or incompatible drivers. To avoid such problems, you can use an automated utility that finds, downloads and installs the correct driver version for your Windows PC in just a few clicks – we recommend DriverFix.Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the application.
- Wait until the program has detected all defective drivers.
- You will now see a list of all drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the ones you want to fix.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
By installing and using DriverFix, you can protect your Windows from errors caused by damaged drivers today! Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
2. Windows 10 BuildUpdate canceled
- Open the search window by pressing Windows + S.
- Then type updates into the search field.
- Tap Restore to open the settings.
- Then click the Start button under the Restore a previous version of Windows 10 heading.
- You can cancel a Windows 10 update within 10 days of the update.
- Then follow the instructions to move the platform backwards.
Some users have reported that their USB HDMI adapters stopped working after the Windows 10 update. To reset a current Windows 10 update, use the method above.
3. Connecting to another USB port/ another hub
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems. Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology. Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components. The problem may be related to the USB port to which the USB-HDMI adapter is connected. Therefore, try connecting the USB-to-HDMI adapter to another port on your desktop or laptop computer. If you are using an HDMI USB hub and have a spare, replace it to make sure it is not a hardware problem. This is an impressive list of the best plug-and-play USB hubs on the market today. Allows you to connect multiple devices and switch between them without having to connect or disconnect them.
4. Seeking changes in equipment
- In Windows 10, right-click the Start button and select Device Manager from the Win + X menu.
- Select your PC at the top of the Device Manager.
- Press Action to open this menu.
- Select the option Check for hardware changes.
- Then try to use the USB-HDMI adapter after scanning.
Windows can detect the connected USB-HDMI adapter after checking for hardware changes. The above solutions may fix the HDMI USB adapter for some users, but probably not all users. Some users may need to replace the adapters. Do you have any other problems with the USB? Here’s a helpful article on how to fix USB-C if it’s not working properly on your device. Users of adapters still under warranty may also return them to the manufacturer for repair if they still do not work properly. Still having problems? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month. Frequently asked questions Not enough details. It’s hard to understand Other Contact an expert Take part in the discussionThe USB to HDMI adapter is not working on Windows 10. I originally bought it at Best Buy, and it died after about a year. I thought it was a fluke, but now I’ve read that it’s out of stock at all the places I bought it from, and it’s out of stock on Amazon.. Read more about usb 3.0 to hdmi driver windows 10 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my USB to HDMI adapter not work?
In this guide, we’ll walk through the process of troubleshooting your USB to HDMI adapter and get it working again. We’ll update this guide as we discover new methods and techniques. Since the days of the Microsoft Xbox 360, gamers have been dependent on devices that can output a high resolution display into a gaming console or home theater. While HDTVs have become cheaper and more common, unfortunately they still don’t provide a native high definition display. While most gamers have been happy with DVI and HDMI connectors, there are others who like to use a special USB to HDMI adapter.
How do I use a USB to HDMI adapter Windows 10?
A Windows 10 USB to HDMI adapter is a handy gadget for anyone who likes to connect to a projector or TV with a USB port. Unfortunately, some Windows 10 users have reported issues when they use a USB to HDMI adapter. When I tested a USB to HDMI adapter on my Windows 10 laptop, I had issues connecting the adapter to my TV. I tried to install the adapter software from the manufacturer’s website, but that didn’t work. I decided to install the adapter software from Microsoft’s website. That worked great! So now I have a great adapter.
How do I get my USB to HDMI to work?
Today I am going to show you how to get your USB to HDMI to work with Windows 10. I also want to show you how to make your TV’s USB ports work with your USB device. Have you ever had a device that you just can’t seem to get the device to work? This is exactly what happened to me the other day. I’ve been using my USB to HDMI to connect my Windows 10 PC to my television for a while now, but it wouldn’t show up. I was able to see it on my computer, but when I plugged it into the TV it wouldn’t show up. I had to use my good old fashioned VGA cable to get it going.
usb to hdmi driver windows 10usb-c to hdmi not working windows 10usb-c to hdmi not working tvusb 3.0 to hdmi driver windows 10usb-c to hdmi not working androidablewe usb to hdmi driver windows 10,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,usb to hdmi driver windows 10,usb-c to hdmi not working windows 10,usb-c to hdmi not working tv,usb 3.0 to hdmi driver windows 10,usb-c to hdmi not working android,ablewe usb to hdmi driver windows 10,hdmi adapter driver windows 10,ablewe usb to hdmi driver download